Every new chapter of Fortnite is an exciting event. While each season brings minor tweaks and additions, it’s the new chapters that introduce major overhauls and innovative mechanics. Fortnite Chapter 4 was no exception. Along with the dramatic changes to the island, it also introduced a crucial gameplay change that significantly impacts your quest for victory in the game.
These game-changing elements are called Augments, or Reality Augments. Although there are some challenges that offer a glimpse into what these Augments are, they don’t provide all the essential details. It’s important to understand Augments fully to stay ahead of the game and anticipate the new strategies your opponents might employ. To help you avoid any surprises, here’s a comprehensive breakdown of how to unlock Augments and how they work in Fortnite.
What Are Augments in Fortnite?
Augments, also known as Reality Augments, are a new perk system that has been introduced into Fortnite. Currently, there are 20 Augments in the game, but a total of 32 Augments are rotated in and out with each season. During a single match, you can access multiple Augments. However, Augments do not carry over to subsequent matches, whether you win or lose. These perks can range from modifications to specific weapon types to buffs for performing certain actions, and much more. It’s important to note that there are no “bad” Augments, so it’s beneficial to acquire as many as possible. You can keep track of the Augments you’ve used so far in the dedicated Augments tab in your menu.
How to Use Fortnite Augments
Unlike guns, items, and most other things in Fortnite, Augments are not found or looted on the map itself. Instead, they are distributed to all surviving players throughout the match. Approximately two and a half minutes into the game, you will be presented with a choice between two Augments to place into one of four slots. If you survive and the game continues, you will be given another pair of Augments to choose from every two and a half minutes or so. Pay attention to the Augments marked as “new” to ensure you unlock those you haven’t used before and make progress in the Augment tab.
If none of the presented Augments appear appealing, you have the option to reroll your choices. By holding the interact button at the bottom, you can reroll once for free. However, if you need to do it again, it will cost you 100 gold bars.
Even if an Augment is passive, you still need to activate it. To do so, open the augment menu by pressing right on the D-pad (or the equivalent button on your platform), highlight the Augment you want to use, and activate it with the right trigger.
Full List of Fortnite Augments
Here is a comprehensive list of all the Augments currently available in Fortnite:
- Aquatic Warrior: Move faster and regenerate health and partial shield while swimming.
- Bloodhound: Mark enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots for a brief duration.
- Exotic Grab Bag: Receive a randomly heisted exotic weapon.
- First Assault: The first bullet in the magazine of your Assault Rifle deals bonus damage.
- Keymaster: Grant two keys for opening holo-chests.
- Light Fingers: Make your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- Medium Ammo Acquired: Instantly gain medium ammo and receive more when opening containers.
- Mythic Munition: Grant a Mythic Tactical Pistol.
- Pistol Amp: Pistols have a significantly increased magazine size.
- Primal Companion: Gain thermal vision and regenerate Health while riding animals.
- Reckless Rifle Reload: Your Assault Rifles will reload significantly faster when the magazine is empty.
- SMG Sign Off: The last three bullets of your SMG magazine will deal bonus damage.
- Soaring Sprints: Jump much higher and with lower gravity while sprinting.
- Sprint Lines: Gain a Slap effect upon using grind vines, grind rails, zip lines, or Ascenders.
- Shell Slide: Gain Shotgun shells while sliding.
- Shotgun Striker: Shotguns give siphon on hits against players.
- Steady Hands: Marksman Rifles have reduced recoil.
- Swift Shotgun Reload: Your Shotguns will reload faster.
- Traversal Warrior: Regenerate health and partial shields while on grind rails, grind vines, zip lines, and Ascenders.
- Wildwasp Weaponry: Receive Wildwasp Jars and gain an additional one with every elimination.
For more gaming recommendations, check out the Editors’ Recommendations section:
- How to buy a house in Starfield
- How to build an outpost in Starfield
- How to level up fast in Baldur’s Gate 3: best ways to farm XP
- How to beat the Faith-Leap Trial in Baldur’s Gate 3
- What the Mirror of Loss is and how to use it in Baldur’s Gate 3
Remember, for all your gaming needs, visit OnSpec Electronic, Inc.